Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Made it to Berkeley, California


Harry is standing in the kitchen talking politics with Helen and Sam. It's great to be here in the Bay Area. There are oranges and lemons hanging off the trees, camelias and roses blooming in the yards. What a change from the snow and -12F in Yreka this morning! This afternoon I took off my long underwear (which I bought at Wal-Mart four days ago). We're thinking from here on it it's going to get warmer. We'll stay here tonight and tomorrow and then head over to Beaumont to visit Corinne, our friend from flyball. The dogs are looking forward to having more time to play ball and less time sitting in the motor home.

5 comments:

Corinne said...

Hope to see you Friday sometime. I don't work that day. Again, you are most welcome to park in my driveway for the weekend.
We'll go to the park and play ball with all the dogs!

Unknown said...

Hi Corinne,
Thank you for the invitation to your driveway this weekend. We probably
won't be there during the day Friday as we're staying in Berkeley today.
Tomorrow (Friday) we'll start heading your way. Not sure how long a drive it is.
We'll give you a call tomorrow when we know more what our timetable is.
Joanna

Corinne said...

OK. It's about 450 miles and should take you no more than 8 hours tops. See you then.

Also, you can take the I-5 to I-210 and that will get you all the way to the I-10 now.(It just opened all the way last November). Then continue east on the I-10.

Unknown said...

Hey Corinne,
We're leaving Berkeley today (Friday) around 9:00 a.m. but we've decided to go down 101 and then across. We'll stay somewhere tonight and get to your place tomorrow probably midday. See you then.
BTW--my emails to you are getting bounced back.
Joanna

Corinne said...

Ok. See you tomorrow then. I will be home from Yorba Linda flyball practice by noon. There is a different flyball practice on Sunday morning in Beaumont. I can hardly wait to see you!